Sunday, December 28, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Well, the last day to purchase work in time for the holidays is tomorrow. Friday was to be my last day for shipping but I may not be able to leave the house until Saturday. If you still need something, buy it tonight or tomorrow before 1pm so I can get it shipped out tomorrow!!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
When I sit back and look at all the work my hands have created in the past few weeks.....it's really quite amazing. I certainly feel it. My hands feel tight. My back is sore. My brain is kind of numb.We did get the Christmas tree on Sunday and I managed to decorate it in between attaching handles and painting naked chicks. I'll have to take a picture of it. It's the second tree we've gotten that had a bird's nest hidden in it. I think that's supposed to be good luck.
My last load of work for the holidays is almost finished. Saturday, I pack it all up for Craftacular. I will be taking some listings down from my Etsy shop Saturday afternoon. If there is something you've been looking at, I suggest you get it before then. It may not come back with me. Any work not sold will be re-listed on Monday along with new work. Also, my last day to order for guaranteed delivery before Christmas is December 18th. Almost all items ship USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days). Pendants and ornaments ordered alone will ship USPS 1st class (2-5 days). I am willing to overnight any items, just contact me for shipping rates.
Oh, yeah. Does anyone have any good ideas for a gift for my mailman? Do people still do that??? I give all my packages to my mailman to take. Except when I have A LOT going out...then I feel too bad and bring them to the back loading dock of my post office. Anyway, I gave him a mug last year so I don't want to give him another piece. Any suggestions?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I'm one sale away from 1,000. That's the only thing that isn't making me grumpy today.
I'm off to Bailey's in an hour to pick up some mason stains. I just found out that they discontinued one of the stains I use to make my pale blue, so I'm going to start testing new blues. It's good, I need some change.
I really need to not be sick anymore. I have so much work to do. I can't believe Craftacular is in less than 2 weeks. I'm kind of starting to panic...
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
I really want the work finished just so I can see these birdies all glazed up.
So, be on the lookout late Monday...but probably more like Tuesday for new stuff.
I'm also getting reeeally close to my 1,000th sale over at the old Etsy shop. And just like before, I'll be including a small gift with every order until I get to 1,000!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I've also made some small pitchers.
Again, the owls just seemed to work with this shape.
In other news, I just sent more work to Tilde in Portland, OR and to the Kohler One and Only show and The Clay Studio in Philadelphia now has some new snowflakes. Oh, and guess where I will be on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2008 from 10:00 AM – 7:30 PM?
Yup! This will be my one and only craft show of the season. So if you happen to be in NYC area, come to the Metropolitan Pavilion at 125 West 18th Street and say hi! I'm really looking forward to meeting some of my Etsy friends in person.
That's all for now! I've got to go make lots and lots and lots of work...
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
* Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name as well as links to their blog.
* Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I have a HUGE Pez collection. At least 1,000 dispensers and Pez related items. Including a PEZPal Policeman still sealed in his original vending machine box and a copy of the original Pez patent. Unfortunately, since buying our house almost over 4 years ago, the collection has been sitting in boxes. I have no idea how to display it all. And yes, I have been to several Pez conventions. I AM A DORK
2. My husband and I were married on top of the Empire State Building on August 6, 2005. The ceremony took about 2 min. and was attended by 6 people: me, my husband, my friend who married us (he got ordained on the internet), the best man, the maid of honor and her fiance (our "photographer")...oh, and a whole lot of tourists.
4. I am addicted to old time radio shows. Mostly science fiction, Ray Bradbury kind of stuff, but also horror and good mystery and detective stories.
5. I am also addicted to NPR. Most of my evening conversations with my husband start,"I was listening to the radio and there was this story about..." This is what happens when you have no co-workers to talk about.
6. I despise talking on the phone. I hate making phone calls. I hate answering the phone. Caller ID is brilliant.
7. I've only had 3 professional hair cuts in my 30 years on this planet. I think I have a hair salon phobia. I cut my own hair. I also never had my hair cut at all (except those pesky dead ends and those bangs I cut when I was 3) until I was 15 1/2 years old!
Well, that's it. I'm not really one to play by the rules, so I'm not going to tag anybody. I hate bothering people (one of the reasons I hate making phone calls), especially since most of the people I know have been tagged a million times. The only one I WOULD tag is my friend Jen...so maybe she'll finally post something on her blog....
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
p.s. Dudley just farted on my lap. Gross.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I had a special order for a larger "tiny" tripod, so I decided to make an in-between size and create a little stacking set. I have to get on the ball and take some new photos of the regular tiny tripods. I have them in a bunch of colors right now, but only the turquoise are posted...bad girl!
So, I'm one of those weird people who is anti-TV and haven't had it in at least 6 years. But, I am a total news and politics junkie and I am very much looking forward to listening to the debates tonight. Should be interesting...veeery interesting.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
I still need to do some last minute things before I finish loading and start firing the kiln. It's full of mugs, creamers and vases. My hand is killing me.
I also have a pile of pieces I made for earrings. I guess I should get them finished. Oh, and I need to string up some more ornaments. Soooo many ornaments!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Last week it was fish.
And I really, really like him.I also posted my first snowflake. I was told that it is NOT too early. We are supposed to get our first frost tonight. I guess that counts.
I packed up 9 boxes of work to ship out tomorrow morning. I usually have 2-3. I can smell the holidays brewing......