Thursday, December 11, 2008

Brain freeze.

As I sit here awaiting the freezing rain and staring at the huge....no, ominous....Christmas tree in our living room, I am exhausted.

When I sit back and look at all the work my hands have created in the past few weeks.....it's really quite amazing. I certainly feel it. My hands feel tight. My back is sore. My brain is kind of numb.We did get the Christmas tree on Sunday and I managed to decorate it in between attaching handles and painting naked chicks. I'll have to take a picture of it. It's the second tree we've gotten that had a bird's nest hidden in it. I think that's supposed to be good luck.

My last load of work for the holidays is almost finished. Saturday, I pack it all up for Craftacular. I will be taking some listings down from my Etsy shop Saturday afternoon. If there is something you've been looking at, I suggest you get it before then. It may not come back with me. Any work not sold will be re-listed on Monday along with new work. Also, my last day to order for guaranteed delivery before Christmas is December 18th. Almost all items ship USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days). Pendants and ornaments ordered alone will ship USPS 1st class (2-5 days). I am willing to overnight any items, just contact me for shipping rates.

Oh, yeah. Does anyone have any good ideas for a gift for my mailman? Do people still do that??? I give all my packages to my mailman to take. Except when I have A LOT going out...then I feel too bad and bring them to the back loading dock of my post office. Anyway, I gave him a mug last year so I don't want to give him another piece. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

jen jeglinski said...

Maybe a bowl, or one of your famous ornaments. Good to see you're feeling better. Hope you sell lots at the craftacular!!

Kate said...

We always give the mailman/paper boy/maintenance dude/etc. baked goods. Or cash. Or coffee. Any of those three things seem to be winners each and every year. If they don't eat the baked goods they can bring them to various holiday parties. If they don't drink coffee they can regift it. And cash, well, everyone loves cash. It's just not very personal.

Anonymous said...

You should give the mailman an ornament! I made some special ornaments just to do that. I am amazed at the amount of work you are able to accomplish! Very inspiring.

Manon said...

Hi Shoshona,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your work is amazing! I'd love to add you to my blog list if that's o.k.?
Dudley is so cute! BT's rock! I sometimes call Otis my Boston Terror because he can be a little ornery... lol!

Sherry said...

One year I made my dear mailman a necklace for his wife, now my husband buys a case of champagne. A bottle for the mail man, the guy who services our car.....

fruzsi said...

I just discovered you today, as I was searching for "modern ceramics" in google and I'm so glad I did! I'm preparing and getting inspired for another pottery class I enrolled in and I must say you have blown me away! I love your designs, and I'm amazed at the amount you are able to make. how do you keep up with the demand?

~Fruzsi

shoshonasnow said...

Thanks Fruzsi! I'm not sure how I keep up with the demand. I make lots of lists and always have a plan of what I need to accomplish each day. I am a total work-a-holic. My studio is at my house so I feel guilty when I'm not working. I'm getting better at taking breaks...but not THAT much better.