Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tweet.

I posted my first pedestal bird! Isn't she pretty? This one was my first attempt. I had this form in my head for a few weeks now. It's always so nice to see work go from a sketch on a piece of paper to pulling it out of the kiln. These two were attempts 2 and 3. I was experimenting with a thicker base and different carving patterns. Unfortunately the one on the left has a little crack around the spot where I inserted the "candle hole"- which was a separate thrown piece. I'm sure you'll be seeing that one in the good old sale section. These 2 were in the same glaze firing. They are off to Massachusetts on Monday. I do have a similar green vase that will be posted eventually. I'm a little attached to it right now....that happens a lot. I'll hoard pieces I really like for weeks. Just living with them in the studio, soaking up their good vibes...deciding on whether or not I should just keep them all for myself. :)

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I love your new work, but the vase with the green dots is really stunning,

shoshonasnow said...

Thank you, Sherry!

Anonymous said...

love your work! I just found you on Etsy and placed an order for a wedding gift for a friend. I find your work both organic and modern at the same time - a rare and complex combination - looking forward to seeing more and purchasing Christmas presents!

shoshonasnow said...

Thank you for the kind words, Gina. And of course, thank you for the order. I love hearing that someone liked my work enough to give it as a wedding gift. That means a lot.

Kate said...

Oh man, the birds are seriously amazing! Must have one!!!