Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hot. Hot. Hot.

The kiln is taking FOREVER to cool. I guess it was packed tighter than I realized. These tiny tripods are small, but they still take up space and I had A LOT of them. I had to use a lot of shelves and they love to soak up heat. Here's a bunch before they went in the glaze firing.UGH! I just want to see my new glazes!!
Otherwise, I've just been taking it easy today. Jon is always lecturing me on taking a day off now and then so I don't go crazy, so that's just what I'm doing. I watched The Great Escape (one of my all time favorites) and now it's The Magnificent Seven. Both with Steve McQueen (*sigh*) and James Coburn (who played a smallish part in each movie, but also my favorite character in each movie). And both have excellent scores by Elmer Bernstein.
Okay! I'm off to finish my movie. And remember, there's still time to buy a great gift for that mom in you life. And if you want it directly sent to her, I'll even gift wrap it and send a note free of charge!

No comments: