Wednesday, April 30, 2008

934°F and rising.

The shelves are empty and the bisque is firing. I must admit, I'm pretty excited to unload and glaze this next batch of work. I'm going to be experimenting with some new glazes as well. I'm almost out of my dark pink glaze (that was basically a mistake and cannot be replicated) and I thought maybe I'd try another pink. Maybe more "pretty" pink than the deep, rosy, salmon-y, whatever-you-want-to-call-it, pink that I have now. I'm also still working on a new green and now that I'm officially out of my limited-time-only pale blue glaze, I'm testing out another shade of blue. My deep cobalt has been a bit too much for me lately...too harsh with the other colors. So, I'm not going to be using it as much. I could never take it away all together, I've been using it for almost 10 years!

The weather has been a bit cold. I guess we were all spoiled by the hot, sunny weather of the past few weeks. I'm thinking maybe some outside work is in store for this afternoon. I need to move some plants and now that my hostas are opening up the beds don't look so empty. Since there is no work to report, here's a look at some of my pretty tulips....
...oh, and part of the huge chunk of bedrock protruding out of my backyard. Those 3 white domes I picked up at a local surplus/junk shop a few years ago. I'm not really sure what their original purpose was, but I love them and when the sedum is growing up around them they look really cool. I'm sure they help the neighbors with thinking that I'm totally nuts. That and the fact that I'm young, I'm home all day-everyday, don't have kids, give the mailman boxes and boxes everyday, emit strange odors from the side of the house that smell like I'm burning humans, walk the dog with a hot pink apron on and white stuff smeared all the way up my arms...classy.

No comments: