Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back to work.

So now that the sun is back and it's in the 70's I don't want to do any work...but we can't always do what we want. I *kind of* took a couple of days off...I still took photos, packed and shipped, did boring computer stuff...all part of having this kind of business and doing it all yourself. I have a few new fairly large orders to work on and a *ahem* wedding present to work on, not to mention work for a couple of shows I'll be doing in the next few months. Tomorrow it's wheel time. Unfortunately I'm getting low on clay and that means reclaiming and mixing...UGH. I should have enough to get me through this next kiln, but I really shouldn't wait that long.

I did post a few thing in my shop today. Some cute little pieces I made using a pale gray slip over my regular white porcelain. I also posted another bird dish.

I couldn't get a good shot of it for some reason...maybe my total lack of photography skills had something to do with that. Anyway, this is my new blue. I still don't know what to call it. It looks different on the gray porcelain than on the white, much richer. I still might lighten it up a bit. I think I want a paler version.

Okay, I'm off to relax. My upper body is killing me from my bench presses yesterday. I hope it's better tomorrow for all the throwing I'm going to do...

No comments: