Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Little me.

I was going though and scanning some old photos and came across this one. It was taken in the summer of 2000 when I was at Penland in NC. I was 21?...I guess that's not too little. I was about to start my last year of undergrad and received a nifty scholarship and didn't have to pay anything or get up at 5am to work in the kitchen, so that was pretty sweet. I took a 2 1/2 week workshop with Julia Galloway. Richard Notkin was teaching downstairs and they did a lot of combined talks and slide lectures. I don't really like workshops, the dynamic is always kind of weird, but it was fun and Penland is so nice and secluded from the outside world.


I spent the morning outside doing some gardening and playing with Dudley. Then I "refreshed" some of my glazes and started unloading the kiln. I guess it's dinner and then glazing for me tonight. I haven't had cable for about 7 years now. I was never really a TV person. Sure, I love my Seinfeld and Simpsons, but I have the DVDs. When we are at parties or out at one of Jon's shows and someone mentions just about anything pop culture it's a big "huh?" from us. So we don't know much about what's on TV but we borrowed the first season of Dexter from a friend and watched 4 episodes last night. Now all I want to do is NOT glaze and watch the DVDs all night...a big reason to NOT have cable.


At least I got some new work posted. Like the next bird dish...in pink!


No comments: