Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trunkt.

Well, I finally took the time to apply to Trunkt. I know I'm a bit late on this one, but better late than never. I haven't posted anymore pictures and I'm still deciding if I feel like upgrading my portfolio. But for now, you can find my meager portfolio here.

The kiln is cooling and I'll be glazing tomorrow. New work will be out this weekend. Lots and lots of vases. I've been on a kick lately. And about 7 or 8 of them were made with gray clay. You might ask what do I do with all those tiny black and white pieces that I carve away. Well, waste not! Mix it up, add a little more stain and I can make gray, black, blue...fun. It can be a bit unpredictable, every batch is a little different. Because I have no idea how gray the clay is when I start adding more color, it's always a bit of a surprise when I unload the work. This is not an exact science.
This is one of my favorite pieces made with my recycled gray porcelain. It was VERY hard to part with. Fortunately, I know the woman who now owns it, so I know she's safe.






No comments: