Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hit a snag.

So the work never got fired.

I've been meaning to change the heating elements in the kiln for a month or so. It's been taking longer and longer to reach temperature and the floor element is definitely split. So.....My first firing back from the holidays, and it stalls out at about 270 degrees! Which really doesn't make any sense to me. I'm hoping it's just the elements and not a controller problem. I took the 2 mile trip over to Bailey's and unfortunately they only had 3 of the 6 elements I need. I'm going to change the floor tomorrow and try again. If it doesn't work, I'll start changing the rest. If that doesn't work, I'll wait until the back ordered elements are in. If that doesn't work...well...I won't be too happy.

Grrrr...

1 comment:

Zoey said...

Hello maate great blog